CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2015

Oh the places you will go (MRG)

You're on your way!
Tomorrow is your great big day,
We'll celebrate and have lots of fun
We all can't wait for preschool to be done! :)

It's 3:00 pm on Wednesday, the day before the preschool graduation day and I'm EXHAUSTED to say the least. I've run on all cylinders since Sunday morning, dragging the girls along with me for everything I've had to do. Meanwhile, we've somehow managed to bake 15 dozen cupcakes, have a friend for Taco Tuesday, shop for all of our teacher friends, celebrate the ending of a great year with the coworkers, blah blah blah blah blah. It really all just starts to run together. All of the busy just starts to sound boring. Ha. 

Today, thankfully, there's a brief part of the afternoon that I knew we could come home for a break and so both girls were sent to their rooms for a nap. Lydia has no problem wanting to rest but I have to coax Miriam only when I know she needs it most. So today I just sat with her.  She looked at me for a long time. I could tell she was getting tired so I turned my back and within moments she was fast asleep. 

Tomorrow my oldest daughter will graduate from preschool. The daughter I thought I'd never have. The daughter we thought we lost. The daughter we prayed for and tried to conceive for so long. The daughter we had to take medicine for. The daughter who decided to come on her own timing. The daughter who spent the fist three weeks of her life in daily medical care. Her first moments of life were so wobbly I'm not sure I considered thinking about what time would look like on the day she would be done with preschool. And now, here we are. So many great things are ahead of her, with her wit, spunk, and room to grow on learning in obedience :) God is so gracious in teaching each of us about forgiveness, love, humility, gentleness, and peace through this special child!!! We love her so. 

To my dearest Miriam my prayer for you is this:

O Lord, you have searched Miriam and known her!  You know when she sits down and when she rises up; you discern her thoughts from afar. You search out her path and her lying down and are acquainted with all her ways. Even before a word is on her tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem her in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon her.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for her; it is high; She cannot attain it. Where shall she go from your Spirit? Or where shall she flee from your presence? If she ascends to heaven, you are there! If she makes her bed in Sheol, you are there! If she takes the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead her and your right hand shall hold her. If she says, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed her inward parts; you knitted her together in her mother’s womb. I praise you, for she is fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Her frame was not hidden from you, when she was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw her unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for her, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and she is still with you.

Search Miriam, O God, and know her heart! Try her and know her thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in her, and lead her in the way everlasting! (Psalm 139:1-18, 23-24 ESV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment