CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2015

In step



I had a chance to run the other night so I stepped out for a quick 2 mile jog. I pushed hard and was able to keep up with myself and even sprinted the last half mile. I was such an avid, GOOD runner before kids. I ran a half marathon in 1:45. I loved to run. Now, I average a run in every 6 weeks. I certainly can't claim the title of a runner anymore. I've lacked the training, so it's hard to keep up.  Maybe one day I'll have a chance to get back into it. 

The scripture I've been praying through this week comes from Paul's letter to the Galatians and he encourages this:
"If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit" (Gal 5:25)
So I've been praying that God would show me what it really means to live by and keep in step with the spirit. And what that really means, is The Lord just uncovering every single piece of nasty rotten sin in my bones. 
"Amanda, you can't keep in step with the spirit when you aren't being patient with your children. 
"Amanda, you can keep in step with the spirit when your pride gets in the way of serving others."
"Amanda, you can't keep in step with the spirit when your gentleness is replaced with harsh and quick bitterness and your "slow to anger" goes flying out the window."
"Amanda, I have called you to maintain unity and peace in your family, among tut friends, in your work place, and all around you."


I was especially convicted of my shortcomings in this (mainly my child rearing in these last days) after reading what is such an encouraging note of reminder to the Ephesians. If I fail to recognize my need for this training and aid from the Spirit himself, I'll never stay in step with the Spirit. But here's the ultimate promise:


But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. (Ephesians 4:1-4, 6-7 ESV)


0 comments:

Post a Comment