CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My letter

Mom wrote letters to all of us while she was still in her right mind. I'm not exactly sure when that was, but it was probably before Christmas 2008. She wanted us to have something to hold on to for as long as we could after she passed. I am forever thankful that she did. The letters were specific to each of us, and they don't make a whole lot of sense, but they still are so special and so loving. She was so sad to have to leave the earthly world. She knew she was going to miss some of the most exciting parts of my life raising children.
 Every year, around these days, I pull out the letter to read, and let the water works flow-can't help it. I love looking at her handwriting, remembering our special words if endearment we shared, and hearing her voice as she reads the letter to me. She told me that "no one could ask for a better daughter" but I'm pretty sure I got a steal of a deal when I got my momma. Hands down. And for all who knew her, they'd 100% agree. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Moms are the BEST! I'm a firm believer that families are the most fundamental unit of society. I love your blog and all that you've learned. Your family is so adorable. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints; and I am so grateful for my faith in Christ. I'm sure it was your mom who taught about that, too. :)
I firmly believe that families can be together forever through Christ.
I know that you can be an eternal family and your mom will be with you one day. Where did your faith in Christ come from? You are such an inspiration!
Hope to hear from you soon.
-A friend :)

Post a Comment