CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Heaven Nana

Mom affection ally became "Nana" after Grace, my niece, was born in Feb 2003. She was a rad Nana. I couldn't wait (but really I could) to have kids so she could retire and always be a phone call away so I could keep working full time and not have to ever pay babysitters or child care. Ha. (We paid more $$ for childcare in the first two years of parenthood than should ever be allowed. Makes me sick to think about it....)
Anyway....then, J's mom became "Nana" after the first Ghent grandchild was born Jan 2006. So, we would have had two Nanas to keep track of....but this sweet girl calls my mom "Heaven Nana"
It was the best thing we could have ever come up with. And the conversations it has alluded to have been outrageous!!! M LOVES HN with all that is within her. And she talks about her as if she just spent the entire last weekend with her doing what grands do. And she's never met the lady!!! We often times talk about HN's body, and spirit, and her closeness with Jesus....and in her childlike faith, M often longs deeply to be with her HN and with Jesus. When I find myself weeping over the loss my my older best friend, my younger best friend will remind me, "momma, one day we'll get to go play with Heaven Nana, won't we? I bet she'll be so excited to see us! I wish we could go see her right now....aren't you just ready?!"
Oh to have that excitement and lack of fear and fullness of faith!!!!

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” (John 14:1-4 ESV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment