CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 11, 2012

moments

Today was one of those days.  Filled with all sorts of emotions and thoughts I just didn't know how to handle myself.  Today I woke up and realized that my first baby is not just 2 anymore...she's 2 and 1 month. And my baby...yeah, she celebrated her half birthday today.  And me, well, I'm exactly one month away from turning 30.  Now, I realize that most of my friends have already reached this milestone and have taken it with pride.  However, I have had more and more moments of waking up, looking in the mirror, and thinking to myself "I have two children and will be 30 this year" and for some reason that thought turns my stomach.  I don't know if I'm in denial or what, but it's just reality hitting hard this year. (If I'm having a hard time with this one...what does that mean for the other milestone years?!)  But, in order to make it into as much fun as possible, I'm trying to dream big for the celebration - thinking even silly as a trip to Carowinds to unless my inner child or a crazy bike party ride in the city with a group of friends.  Whatever we do, I'll be sure to document my turn of another century decade (although some days I feel that old)!

In other news, the girls and I have been busy learning, playing, laughing, and even wailing together!
Miriam can now officially count from 1-10 without prompting.  She's also almost 2 weeks into potty training and doing EXCEPTIONALLY well from my standards (only about 5 accidents overall), growing her vocabulary by leaps and bounds each day, learning to sing all of the words and pitches to some of out favorite children's songs and church hymns, and learning to love her baby sister.
Lydia is developing right on target and can now hold her head up fully to play and is reaching for toys that are in front of her.  She still nurses 5 times a day and usually takes 2 small naps in the morning, and a great afternoon nap from 3-5 or 5:30, then sleeps from 9-8.  She's finding her voice, and loves to smile, especially at her sister.
My heart just melts every time I see Miriam interact with Lydia.  How I long to see their relationship grow in these next months and years and they both continue to grow up!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment