CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three goals, day 2

So, at the end of yesterday, I wrote this post to remind me of why I took 2 days off from work. A brief reminder for my three goals for doing this:
1. see if "bedrest" really does help with early contractions
2. get my head wrapped around the season with all that it entails (both professionally and personally)
3. start AND finish Miriam's 1st year scrapbook
So...for the second day, here's how I ended up:
1. I didn't have any errands to run this morning, so after dropping Miriam off, I came straight home and showered (ahhhh) and sat down to start the scrapbook.  I worked diligently until 11 when my phone started blowing up.  Two times, the office called me - and I ignored it.  Then, the 3rd ring was from Miriam's afternoon sitter, calling to tell me she wouldn't be able to watch M for the afternoon....which was totally fine because I knew Miriam would nap nice and long in her own crib....but, while on the phone with her, a 3rd phone call from the office, but this time from a personal cell phone. I figured, gosh, for them to call 3 times within 10 minutes, it must be important. WRONG!!! It was to ask a question about something happening a month away from now. It most definitely could have waited until tomorrow to answer.  Top that off with the 3 calls and 4 text messages from the recently married youth guy from yesterday, and I'd say that there was no separation from the professional to prepare personally for the weeks ahead. 
....I digress....so, all that to say, I sat for most of the morning, picked up Miriam, then was slow while she played after lunch. She napped from 2-445 today, and I was able to nap from 3-430 myself.   After she woke up, she actually let me just "hang out" instead of crying to be picked up or go outside. She must know that something's up. 
I had a few more contractions today, but certainly not 6 within an hour, so I guess it's okay? I'm anxious to see what next Monday's appointment holds in store to see if I'll still be on bedrest within the next 2 months...or earlier (yikes!)
2. As I've already mentioned, not a lot of separation today...but I am excited and looking forward to the busyness of what's ahead with Advent, children's programming, and other activities that take place in this part of the church year.  I'm ready to tackle it and be a part of it as much, and prepare for the New Year, set new goals, etc.
3. I think it's safe to say that I'm CLOSE to finishing Miriam's scrapbook.  ALL pictures have been pasted, and the layouts are ready for journaling.  This morning, I realized that I was going to have WAY too many pages for the original 12x12 album, and I had been saving some special photos to the side...so I made another 8x8 album to put in all of the "you are loved" layouts of Miriam & Jeremy, Miriam & me, Miriam & her family members, and Miriam & special friends. I think I could use some more photos for that particular book, but there aren't too many pages left to fill it.  I added about 85% of the embellishments tonight after M went down, then I cleaned out my scrapbook tote and papers and was able to purge a good bit.  Funny enough, I have enough stickers and papers to do a whole other wedding album and a lot of sticker phrases in Spanish...wonder if I'll ever need those again - I sure hope not!

So, all in all, the 2 days off were well worth it!  Despite the running around yesterday, and the change in plans today, I was able to relax a bit and recoup and prepare.  I'm already looking forward to my next time off - the WHOLE WEEK AFTER CHRISTMAS!!! I NEVER take this time away, so I'm looking forward to it.  I plan to use that time to get the nursery ready so we're ready for Lydia if she decides to make a super early appearance, or if I'm stuck in the hospital for a few weeks.  
I'm so thankful for this rest - now I'm ready to tackle my unending to-do list at the office starting bright and early tomorrow morning and ending dark and late tomorrow night. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment