CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Miriam's new room

Since Lydia's arrival is quickly approaching, we've decided to bump upgrade Miriam to a new room before the end of the year to avoid the awkward adjustments AND the arrival of a baby sister.  We feared we wouldn't have much luck with that because of the furniture having to be ordered, but we were in business when the store told us they just had one of the cribs arrive that day!  So, of course it looks like it's totally possible to have her all nice and cozy in her new room by Christmas.
We've already painted her room (buttered sweet corn - a nice blend of yellow and gold making it so warm and cozy).  We've ordered/purchased the furniture in an espresso finish.  The feel reminds me of Winnie the Pooh - don't ask!  I've decided that since we didn't "decorate" the nursery other than a few silk flowers, a shelf, and her name letters, that we'd have a small theme in her new room.  Owls are the big hit these days, and they are sooo cute.  I learned in the nursery that "bedding" was overrated - we really just need crib sheets, so we didn't buy a bedding set for Miriam's new room. We'll save that $$ for when we turn her bed into a full.  But I wanted to piece together some cute things from the different baby/kids owl collections at some different stores.  I've gotten my wish list to hopefully bring her room together.  Here are some of the items:
Oopsy Daisy too Owl Wall Art (21 x 21")
owl wall art from the Oopsy Daisy Too/love n nature collection at Target
 (I have something in mind to make my own version of this though...)
ClosetMaid Cubeicals® 9 Cube Organizer Espresso
cubical to store some toys and books (since the bookshelf will remain attached to the wall in the nursery)
Kids Line Dena Happi Tree Lamp - Kids Line  - Babies"R"Us
cute lamp from the Happi Tree collection
Circo® Chenile Rug
pink rug to go in front of crib (to cover up paint stain....)


I am also thinking we'll do some wall decals of the owls and branches, her name letters will be transferred to her new room (in raspberry fuchsia color).  We'll probably use a lot of the pinks/fuchsias/greens/yellows in this room - bright and cherry, and a not as "baby."  
Oh yeah, almost forgot - last night, I bought a wooden owl (about 4") from Hobby Lobby, took some ribbon and hot glued it to the bottom, made a loop with ribbon at the top and viola - a bow holder!

I can't wait to pick up the crib and dresser this week (we'll only be waiting on one chest of drawers) and get them in the room and start hanging things on the wall. I'm so excited!!! Too bad we wont' be doing much to the nursery this time around. I do think we'll make the "name" thing different...I'm thinking vinyl circl monogram on a mirror??? We have a perfect mirror, although it's large...but until we settle on a middle name, that's impossible to do!  So for now, I'll just focus on the new room!


0 comments:

Post a Comment