CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Burlap frame of/for Miriam


I love to pretend I'm crafty, although I'm a far cry from it. I am loving the bits and pieces of inspiration that I get from pinterest, even if I only get a chance to look at it once a week.  Since I started that journey, I made this for my niece Grace for Christmas with this inspiration.  I think she'll really love it - and it's cute just like her.


Then, I've been slowly trying to get this project together: it's a combination inspiration from these two ideas:  taking the wood and phrase and using the frame and burlap idea to make one frame with printed phrase on burlap with a picture of Miriam.  I'm excited to hang this one up, find more phrases, and have this be a staple baby gift to my friends.  All in all, the materials were fairly inexpensive ($5.50 for a super duper ridiculously large roll of freezer paper, $2.99/yd for burlap-the project took less than 1/4 yd, and a picture frame - got mine on sale at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price). And the finished project:
What's your latest pinterest inspiration? Are you actually following through with any of your pins?!



2 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

So pretty! Baby Miriam is adorable!! Love the burlap background! Thanks for linking up to the Burlap Month party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Tammy said...

Oh this is adorable..love the baby.
tammy

Post a Comment