CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 10, 2011

I got crafty

For my friend Kimberly's baby shower this past weekend, I was considered to be one of the hostesses...although I don't feel like I did much. I showed up with cocktail weinees and oatmeal scotchies (my famous recipe). I didn't feel like that was enough, so I decided to embark on a crafty journey and went with homemade bath salts as party favors for everyone. It was SO easy, and I definitely will use this idea again, maybe for Miriam's preschool teachers presents at the end of the year. This is what I did:
1. Gather supplies:


A large bag of Epsom salt, 2 containers of sea salt, and one large box of baking soda (all from Walmart), and a jar of tangerine essential oils that I already had from my homemade cleaning solution (but I originally purchased it from EarthFare).  I always keep some quick oats on hand, so I decided to use some of those too.  I also bought 2 boxes of 8 oz canning jars (12 in each box).  These supplies filled 22 of the jars about 3/4 of the way full.

2. Mix:  2 cups epsom salt, 1 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 1/2-1 cup of oats in a metal or stainless bowl. Add in 20 drops of oil and stir with a metal spoon.

3. Fill the jars with the salt mixture and seal

That's really how easy it was.  I wanted to write a little note with directions, so I formatted a circle in the right size, and typed out my directions. Then printed them out on cardstock, cut them out, and placed them on top of the lid.  This was the final, and very cute (might I add), product.  I even wrote a little poem to go along. I think they were a hit, and I hope all the girls enjoy them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment