CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

the party

Sunday was Miriam's First Birthday and her birthday party. She woke up shortly before all 42 guests showed up and then she saw this beauty:
From about the time Miriam started bathing in the "ducky" tub, we knew she had a love for ducks. So, for her party we had a ducky theme and I even got to work in the polka dots (my dream for our first child's first birthday party even before we were pregnant...).  She saw this beautiful cake made by Katie Beth and out of her mouth "duh-ti" :) She even loved the cake! She didn't ask for a fork, or have dirty hands - all she needed was her mouth!

 Here we are, proud Mommy and Daddy  of a sweet One Year Old Miriam!
All in all, it was a great afternoon of celebrations! It was super hot and crowded in our small living area, but we felt so loved by all of the family and friends who came out to shower love on Miriam. She was so happy, and didn't skip a beat with all of those folks around.  We are so blessed to have such a social, happy baby! 
Mom, I hate you missed the party. You would have been proud that I didn't go overboard, I didn't freak out, AND I asked people for help. Each day that goes by with Miriam, I'm reminded more and more of you by Miriam and her smile and her personality.  I'm pretty sure there are pay back days when she gets the best of me...but then she turns right at me, and grins - and it looks just like you. It's crazy how much joy she has brought to our lives, and has - somedays- covered up the bits and pieces of sadness that you're gone. Although the tears and the hurt in my heart are still there, she brings joy and remembrance of you. I still miss you so much, but so glad to celebrate a year for our little bug!

0 comments:

Post a Comment